I was having trouble with the lighting in my house, so I decided to go outside for this picture. I'm convinced that I was getting strange looks from the people passing by. They all seemed to be staring at the plate of muffins, the camera, the weird-lookin' girl trying to photograph them in front of some dead flowers, and the dog trying to get at the muffins (my dog was on a leash, so he fortunately never did get at them). Anyways, they were really good! I would definitely make them again!!
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, milk, oil, orange juice and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups or cups coated with cooking spray two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.