Saturday, January 8, 2011

Thumbprint Cookies


Me and my sister were going to have a Christmas party, but it didn't work out. These cookies were going to be eaten at the party, but since we didn't have one me and my sister had to eat them all by ourselves. They are so good!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups soft margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 cup finely chopped nuts
jelly to fill thumbprints

Beat together margarine, brown sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla.

Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to the margarine mixture.

Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls in egg whites, and then in nuts.

Place the balls rolled in nuts on a greased baking sheet. Press your thumb deeply into the center of each cookie. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Fill each thumbprint with jelly (or you can fill the thumbprints before baking). Store in tightly covered container with waxed paper between layers.

3 comments:

  1. Those are my dads FAVORITE! We made them for Christmas for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, in stead of putting your drinks in Miscellaneous, why not do Beverages?
    And the cereal snack, put it under Snacks.
    You could put the Pizza sauce, and if you do jams, puddings, icing, and stuff like that you could all put them together.
    Organization tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I didn't think that I had enough drinks for that category, but I might just do that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!